Thursday, January 20, 2022

 

Recently purchased

I am always looking to expand my book collection, not in the way I used to when I was a young reader, that is, by grabbing everything in sight, but by carefully scanning the shelves at used book stores, for instance, to see what might pop up and then seriously weigh whether or not a book is needed on my shelves.

Last week, I was lucky to find a good copy of A History of African American People: The History Tradition & Culture of African Americans (1995) edited by James Oliver Horton (The George Washington University) and Lois E. Horton (George Mason University). The couple were scholars of the antebellum South and African America experience. Today we have the internet, the National Museum of African American History and Culture. In the absence of those resources when this particular edition was published in 1995, its highly illustrated pages and accompanying narratives were pored over for hours. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home